OOTD #1 : Flowy Artist

 
   
      I want to introduce OOTDs to my blog. Here's how I see it; Anything can be considered art if there was a thought and some time put into something. If someone felt something while making something, or someone else feels something looking at it, you could probably consider it art. And while there is painting, and drawing, sculpture, and everything else you can think of, one of my favorite art forms is fashion.
     I was largely into fashion as a teen, and loved to try new ways of wearing things, trying new styles, and making people take a second look. Be it for a good reason, or negative; as long as the attention was on my outfit, I was happy. As I got older, fashion started to take a back seat. I at one point had an endless closet at my fingertips (a donation only thrift store), and still, my fashion was lacking. It was basic, boring, and I didn't try. I'm not saying that at this very moment I'm wearing a disco ball covered in floral arrangements, but I am trying harder.
     I thought that a good way to really inspire myself to get more than just "dressed" in the morning, and maybe to inspire someone else to do the same, is to do some Outfit of the Day (#OOTD) posts here and show you what I am working with.
     Starting a week ago, I decided to try out my own version of a capsule wardrobe. If you're unsure of what that is, there are tons of awesome YouTube videos available that explain it so perfectly, but basically it is a minimalist wardrobe, usually with a set number of clothing articles(chosen by the individual). Some people capsule their entire wardrobe, some, like myself, capsule by season. I live in a predominately cold area, so I have a hard time passing on too many of my warm clothes, and layering pieces, but I was able to narrow down a lot of my other clothing into a smaller wardrobe. Maybe in the future I can do an entire blog post on capsule wardrobes and how I am managing my own, but for now I figured I would show you my outfit of today, made up of one of my favorite capsule pieces.

I am no model. Note to self: work on posing. Shirt is Wassio, leggings from Under Armor. I could wear this shirt everyday. It's really flowy and neutral. I think it makes me look bigger than I am, but it's comfortable and cuter in motion.
Jewelry; Italian charm bracelet I've had since I was a young teen, various bracelets from subscribers. Crybaby necklace from Melanie Martinez, and Monster Crystal necklace from HRH Collection. 

My glasses frames are by GUESS, and I'm wearing my stainless steel tunnels in my ear lobes.


My favorite shoes; Hidden wedge hightops from G by GUESS. Super old school, but super new school at the same time. I live in them. They're on the narrow side but they're still super comfortable.
Bonus: My socks actually say "I'm a delicate fucking flower" on the sides.

     Don't forget to book mark PAJE. and share with your friends! What is your favorite outfit in the summer time? Let me know in the comments!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OOTD #2: Athletic Leisure

Sketchbook Close Ups #1: My Girls