Sketchbook Close Ups #1: My Girls

 Hello there Cyber Friends, I hope everyone is having a fabulous day so far! Today I wanted to give you a look into one of my sketchbooks (I am using two at the moment), and show you some of my favorite pieces; My girls.

I have been trying to find "my style" for my whole life. I have always been good at mimicking other people's style; As a kid I would redraw comic panels in larger sizes. But I have been searching for my own style for as long as I can remember. So this is something that I have been concentrating on more and more lately, and I have found a particular look that I really love to draw. I do still draw in several different styles, as a lot of artists do. However my portraits are something I am really proud of, and I'd love to share them with you all. These are all girls I have found on the Instagram Radar page (the front of the "Search" page on Instagram). That's a really great place to find head shots if that is the sort of thing you like to draw. There are selfies galore on Instagram, so give it a look next time you're searching for something (or someone) to draw.

All of my drawings are done with a ball point pen, watercolors, and a little bit of white gel pen. These girls in particular are drawn on thin vintage paper that has been naturally aged.With that being said, I will go ahead and let the drawings speak for themselves. These photos are quite large, and you can click them to enlarge them even further (To do this, right click the photo and open it in a new tab, OR click the photo to access the gallery view, and then drag the photo to the address bar. This will allow you to open the singular photo and click to enlarge from there!)


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OOTD #1 : Flowy Artist

OOTD #2: Athletic Leisure